Cognate Health is delighted to now offer aviation medicals, a specialist service that provides renewals and revalidations for pilots, cabin crew, air traffic control and flight service officers.
This primary Cognate Health offering at the Elm Court clinic in Cork city will be led by Doctor Kieran Murphy. Doctor Murphy is a 330 flight hours private pilot with extensive training and experience in aviation medicine. He graduated from University Collage Cork in 1978 and trained as an Aviation Medical Examiner (AME) in 1997 with further training to enable him to undertake Class 1 renewals in 2007.
The primary Cognate Health offering will provide:
- EASA Class 1 Aviation Medical renewals and revalidations – A first-class (Class One) medical certificate is required by all commercial aviation pilots to ensure they are mentally and physically fit. This must be renewed every year. If over 40 and carry out single pilot commercial air transport operations carrying passengers or are over 60 then this cert is valid six months.
- Class 2, LAPL and Cabin Crew Attestation examinations – Second class (Class Two) medical certificates are mandatory for pilots that fly privately or General Aviation pilots. A Class Two medical cert is valid for five years for those under 40, two years for the ages of 40 to 50; and one year thereafter.
- Class 3 medical assessment for Air Traffic Control and Flight Service Officers – A Class Three cert must be renewed every two years to remain valid.
The aviation medicals take place just 15 minutes’ drive from Cork Airport, are easy to book and are undertaken in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Our services include:
- Medical & Lifestyle Questionnaire
- Electrocardiograph (ECG)
- Spirometry (If indicated)
- Bloods – Full blood count (Lipids if indicated)
- OHP Examination – height, weight, blood pressure, urinalysis, full examination
- Psychological assessment
Please note Initial Class One examinations must still be undertaken in one of the recognised Aeromedical centres and are not provided by Dr. Murphy.
For further information or to book your assessment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org